Associate Pastor of Family Ministries
Elkview Baptist Church’s mission is to reach the world from Elkview with the gospel of Jesus Christ and to
teach believers to love God with all their heart. God has blessed Elkview Baptist Church with a group of
believers who love Him and desire to serve Him while manifesting the following core values: Authentic Love, Integrity, Unity, Excellence, and Faithfulness.
The Associate Pastor of Family Ministries:
- Works under the supervision of the Lead Pastor,
- Ministers primarily to students and young families,
- Works with the lead pastor to identify and implement outreach activities, and
- Integrates young families into the life of the church through fellowship, evangelism, discipleship, and service to belong, grow and serve.
Areas of Responsibility
- Lead outreach efforts to students and young families.
- Facilitate fellowship opportunities for students and young families.
- Incorporate young couples into ministry support roles.
- Assist with the pastoral care needs of students and young families.
- Assist in identifying and implementing small group discipleship options for young families.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in interacting with and advising the ministries of EBC (i.e. Sunday School, Children’s Church, AWANA, Vans, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree required. Church Ministry & Theology courses preferred.
- Must meet all pastor/elder qualifications (1 Tim 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a church staff setting or 6 years of volunteer leadership experience in a church.
- Proven ability to attract and integrate students into a church body, and demonstrates the capacity to do the same with young families.
Skills & Abilities
- Must be willing and able to teach, but pulpit ministry is not required.
- Must be an effective personal communicator.
- An organized self-starter demonstrating vision, initiative, & creativity.
- Possess good interpersonal skills. Enjoys interacting with all types of people.
- A team player and relationship builder.
- Proficient with computers and software, and social media.
Hours: Full Time, exempt
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.